College Employer Council - Conseil des employeurs des collèges

Instructions for Colleges to have a WRA appointed by the MOL

A request for the Minister to appoint a Workload Resolutions Arbitrator in accordance with 11.02 F 3 of the agreement should be sent by email to Alison Warrian, Director Dispute Resolution Services at the Director’s mail box:


There is no specified format. Requests are usually made by a letter stating that the parties are requesting a WRA, and providing the names and contact information of the parties,

i.e., the employee involved, union representative, College representative.  Please attach an e-copy of the Collective Agreement.  The letter should also state that the request is made pursuant to 11.02 F 3 of the agreement.


The arbitrator is selected from the Minister's List of Arbitrators and the parties will be advised. They are then in the hands of the arbitrator.